Cavan Monaghan is a safe enjoyable place to live thanks to the professionalism and dedication of our emergency service agencies.
In an Emergency Call 9-1-1
In an emergency seconds count! When police, fire or medical emergencies occur, call 9-1-1. Trained emergency call takers will provide you with the information and assistance you need.
When should you call 9-1-1?
- Call 9-1-1 during any emergency where people or property are at risk
- at home dial 9-1-1 direct
- at a business or other location dial an outside line, then 9-1-1
- at a pay phone, dial 9-1-1, the call is free
- on a cell phone be prepared to give the exact location of the emergency, the call is free
- for TTY access (Telephone Devices for the Deaf) press the space bar announcer key repeatedly until a response is received
- if the caller does not speak English the trained operator will stay on the line while contacting out telephone translation service
What you can do to help 9-1-1 help you!
- remain calm and speak clearly
- identify which emergency service you require (police, fire or ambulance)
- be prepared to provide the following information:
- a description of what is happening
- the location
- your name, address and telephone number
Please remain on the line to provide additional information if requested to do so by the call taker.
Do Not Hang Up Until the Call Taker Tells You To Do So.